As part of ABC’s ongoing efforts to elect pro-Merit Shop candidates to elected office and maintain a majority in the US Senate, association staff is conducting their second FEA Travel Team visit of the 2016 election cycle. Earlier this month, the team was in Florida to support the re-election campaign of Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) and is currently deployed to Pennsylvania to encourage ABC members to get out the vote for Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA). Funded by ABC’s Free Enterprise Alliance, Travel Teams visit ABC member contractors in targeted states to deliver important Get Out The Vote materials and encourage support for ABC endorsed candidates. Once member company offices are closed for the day, Travel Teams volunteer at local campaign offices to conduct voter outreach. Between Florida and Pennsylvania, FEA Travel Teams will visit over 1000 member companies and commit approximately 160 volunteer hours to electing ABC-endorsed candidates.
In the last month ABC has made a seven-figure issue-based ad buy
in six states in support of free enterprise—see them at ModernStatesmen.org
. The buy consists of digital ads that will run in Florida, Indiana, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina and Pennsylvania, as well as harder-hitting independent expenditures.
The ads will highlight key issues impacting the merit shop construction industry and encourage support of a free enterprise system where contractors of all sizes can compete on a level playing field based on their own merits regardless of labor affiliation. The independent expenditure ads target the candidates directly and are focused on those individuals who do not align with ABC's core values.
- Indiana: We are running two aggressive ads against Rep. Todd Young's opponent, former Sen. Evan Bayh. "Bayhfluenza" and "Rotted Washington" will run statewide.
- New Hampshire: We are running an ad against Sen. Kelly Ayotte's opponent Gov. Maggie Hassan titled "MaggieDeclined." This ad will run statewide.
- North Carolina: The "Burn Book" ad highlighting the numerous times Sen. Richard Burr's opponent, former Rep. Deborah Ross, voted to raise taxes on North Carolinians.
- Pennsylvania: We are running two ads against Sen. Pat Toomey's opponent, Katie McGinty. "Recipe for Disaster" and "TLK2UL8Rkatie" will run statewide.
Earlier this year, ABC launched an updated version of ABCvotes.com
, a nonpartisan online election resource for companies and their employees that includes:
- Voter registration links
- Key issue summaries
- Important election dates and deadlines
- Employee engagement/do's and don'ts
- VOTE posters and paycheck stuffers